Assam with Meghalaya Tour - 5N/6D
Meghalaya - Endowed with incredible natural beauty, Meghalaya is one of the most beautiful states in Northeast India. Meghalaya has great tourism potential, which is still untapped and unexplored. Meghalaya Tourism Department has formulated many plans and tourism policies, to attract more domestic and international tourists, which would lead to the economic development and generation of ample employment opportunities in the state. Meghalaya tourism is focused on developing infrastructure and public facilities at all tourist spots, along with the development of various areas of tourism in the state such as Nature based tourism, Cultural tourism, Health resort tourism, and Art and Craft tourism. Meghalaya tourism is also emphasizing on adventure tourism in Meghalaya that include trekking, caving, and water sports. Rock climbing and Hand gliding will be promoted with recognized adventure and sports associations.
Assam has enjoyed a reputation for unspoiled natural beauty, substantial biodiversity, tea plantations, and friendly people. The Brahmaputra, the lifeline of the valley which shares its name, floods the nearby land with fertile silt every year to ensure a rich harvest. It is bound on either side by marshy land covered with thick jungle grass, interspersed with patches of rice fields and terraced tea gardens. There is little to interrupt the vast panorama except the occasional lone hillock. Only in the south of the valley is the event horizon broken by the hills of Karbi Anglong. Further south is the North Cachar Hills. Located here, amid orchards is Assam's only hill station, Haflong. The southern part of Assam is the Barak Valley, this region hosts untouched natural beauty. Green is the dominant colour of the state, with an impressive 35% forest cover and thousands of hectares under tea cultivation. Assam has five national parks including the World Heritage Sites of Kaziranga and Manas, and 20 Wildlife and Bird Sanctuaries. The great Indian one-horned rhinoceros is one of Assam's most noteworthy fauna.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
Day 1: Arrival Guwahati Airport– Proceed to Shillong
Day 2: Shillong – Cherapunjee – Shillong (Day Excursion Trip)
Day 3: Shillong – Kaziranga
Day 4: Kaziranga National Park
Day 5: Kaziranga – Guwahali
Day 6: Guwahati Airport Departure
End of Services
Welcome on arrival in Guwahati Airport/Station and drive to Shillong. En route witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani - is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty.
If time permits visit Cathedral of Marry and Ward’s Lake. Evening free at leisure to explore the region on own. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
Overnight stay at Lake View Inn or similar
After breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee, the wettest place on the earth, for an awesome day trip. En route visit the famous Elephant. At Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the Hills.
In Cherrapunjee be witness to the gorgeous Seven Sisters (Nohsngithiang) Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Later take a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. The limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside it. Also visit the Ramakrishna Mission. Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
Note: Most of the waterfalls are dry during winter season.
Overnight stay at Lake View Inn or similar
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in at hotel. Evening spend time at leisure. Kaziranga, the World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam & is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for conservation of biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals. There are numerous other major wildlife fauna.
Overnight stay at Kaziranga Resort or similar
Early morning visit for Elephant ride @5-30 A.M/6: 30 A.M./ 7 :30 A.M. (Subject to allotment from forest department). Return for Breakfast to hotel. After breakfast proceed for Jeep safari in the Central Range. With Kohora as the entry point, the Central Range covers the Daphlang and Kathpora. Later enjoy Local Village & Tea Garden (Outer View) tour.
In the afternoon you may take an optional Jeep Safari (at ADDITIONAL COST) in Western Range of Kaziranga National Park. With Bagori as the entry point, the range covers the Monabeel, Bimoli, Donga areas.
Overnight stay at Kaziranga Resort or similar
After Breakfast drive to Guwahati. Check in at Hotel. Guwahati, ‘The light of the East’ is the commercial capital of North East lying adjacent to the shores of the turbulent Brahmaputra. Afternoon visit Kamakhya Temple.
Situated on top of the Nilachal Hill, Maa Kamakhya Temple is the most sacred among the tantrik shrines of Shakti worship in the world. Kamakhya temple is also famed for the annual Ambubachi Mela held for 4 days during monsoon season. There are images of Lord Ganesha, Goddess Chamundi and many dance fixtures. Situated on the Nilachal Hill, the temple structure resembles a Shikhara - a beehive. Besides the main Devi temple, there are temples of 10 Mahavidyas in and around temple. These include Bhuvaneshvari, Bagalamukhi, Chinnamasta,Tripura Sundari, Tara, Kali, Bhairavi, Dhumavati, Matangi and Kamala Temples. Temple doors remain open for devotees in the following timings - 08:00 am to 01:00 pm & 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Overnight stay at Priya Palace or similar
After Breakfast at hotel leave from hotel & proceed to Guwahati Airport for your onward journey.
*** Tour ends with sweet memories ***
- Accommodation on Twin/Double sharing basis
- Non-Ac rooms in hill station/Eco resorts
- (Breakfast & Dinner) will be serve at all places (Arrival breakfast & departure dinner is not included)
- Transfers/Sightseeing will be provided by Non-A/c Small Vehicle at all places
- Pickup & Drop to Guwahati Airport by Non-A/c Small Vehicle
- Assistance at Airport
- Vehicle service is point to point basis
- Above package rates are valid for Indian Nationality
- One Round Jeep Safari in Kaziranga National Park
- One Round Elephant Safari in Kaziranga National Park
- All toll taxes, parking fee, fuel surcharges, driver bata includes
- Includes GST on the above package cost
- Airfare/Train Ticket
- Visa / Travel Insurance charges.
- Camera fee at monument.
- Local Guide/Entrance Fees
- Monument charges
- Any other services which are not mentioned in the tour cost inclusions.
- Any meals / en-route meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary.
- Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festive period.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified in the inclusions.
- Any increase in fuel cost, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals will be served as per the hotel’s standard timing
- Standard Hotel timings: Check in – 1400hrs; Check out – 1100hrs
- Early Check in & Late Check out – Subject to availability of hotel rooms
- Wi-fi in the room – Subject to hotel’s internet policy
- Hotel Category – The actual conditions of some hotels might be lower than the star category accorded to them by the Tourism department.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of check in at hotel
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar category
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in a room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Safety caution for clients – Parents may take care of their own children
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- We have a reasonable expectation that local driver/guide will know about the places very well
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- A/C will be affected during high summer period and they will not get enough cooling inside the vehicle.
- A/C will not be operating in hilly areas as it may affect the vehicle performance.
- A/c Mini/Large Coach may not go through the narrow lanes and roads in hill stations
- Some vehicles may not enter hotel premises due to narrow road, market area, congested entrance etc.
- Vehicles may not enter parking points of all monuments, guests may have to walk their way into the monument.
- Some services may be affected by severe and unpredicted weather conditions
- Park your car in parking zones only and company will not be responsible for any damages.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended with/without prior notice. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Above package price is not valid for New Year, Christmas, Diwali, Long Weekends Etc.
- Some hotels do not possess liquor licence. You are not permitted to consume liquor in public in those hotels. Kindly confirm the licence status with the hotel, if required.
- Valid Govt. issued personal Photo Id card/Aadhar Card will be required at the time of guest check in at hotels
- IPR will not be responsible for the loss of your valuables during this trip.
- The food and service conditions in hotels are beyond IPR controls.
- If the booking cancels before 45 days than full refund will be back (Except GST + Service charges will be applicable)
- If the booking cancels within 45 days – 30 days than 25% amount will be deducted
- If the booking cancels within 30 days – 15 days than 50% amount will be deducted
- If the booking cancels within 15 days, then non-refundable
Please note: Above package cost is valid for a couple on Double sharing basis
Validity: From 01st October to April 20th, 2019
Dussehra, Diwali & Long weekend, Christmas, New Year season supplementary hike as per actual basis.