Honeymoon Delight - 7N/8D
Kerala, a state in Southern India is known as a tropical paradise of waving palms and wide sandy beaches. It is a narrow strip of coastal territory that slopes down the Western Ghats in a cascade of lush green vegetation, and reaches to the Arabian Sea. Kerala borders the states of Tamil Nadu to the east and Karnataka to the north. It is also known for its backwaters, mountains, coconuts, spices and art forms like Kathakali and Mohini Aattam. It is the most literate state in India, and a land of diverse religions, where you can find Hindu temples, mosques, churches, and even synagogues. With world class tourist sporting options, Ayurvedic spas and treatments, eco-tourism initiatives, a large number of visit options ranging from beautiful high altitude blue mountains to pristine rain forests to golden sun-sand beaches and an enormous range of accommodation, Kerala has much to offer to the visitors.
Trip at a Glance
Day 1: Cochin - Munnar
Day 2: Munnar
Day 3: Munnar - Thekkady
Day 4: Thekkady - Kumarakom
Day 5: Kumarakom - Alleppey Houseboat
Day 6: Alleppey Houseboat - Cochin
Day 7: Cochin
Day 8: Departure
End of Services
Arrive at Cochin International airport. IPR Representative will meet you at the exit of the ARRIVALS TERMINAL and proceed to munnar, visiting Cheeyaparra Falls enroute. Arrive Munnar and check in at the hotel.
Munnar is the nature-lover’s paradise. Snuggling in the green and serene Kannan Devan Hills lies the quiet and restful resort of Munnar. Panoramic views of low-flying clouds and mist filled valleys make it a pretty little heaven with a cool bracing weather. It was opened up out of virgin forests a century ago by pioneering planters.
The remote and ancient churches - gracious, stone-structures with ancient chandeliers and rosewood pews are an attraction in itself. A little beyond lies Anaimudi, South India's highest peak. In the vicinity is the Eravikulam National Park, the home of the endangered Nilgiri Thar that roams on a stretch of grassland or is seen climbing the pinnacles of the undulating hills. Here you can have a glimpse of a Gaur, Langur, Lion-tailed macaque, and elephants roaming in herds. Rest of the day will be at leisure and Overnight stay at Hotel.
Overnight stay at Spice Country Resort or Similar
After the buffet breakfast at the hotel, you proceed for a morning sightseeing trip of Munnar; visit Mattupetty Dam which offers many fascinating sights to relish. The Shola forests around Mattupetty are ideal for trekking and bird watching, with the variety of birds found there. Kundala is a picturesque town located at the confluence of three mountain streams namely Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala. Enroute visit Echo Point, View Point & green carpet of Tea Gardens. Late afternoon, you will go for a stroll in Tea Estates. Meet the local people engaged in tea industry. Evening will be at leisure & Overnight stay at hotel.
Overnight at Stay at Spice Country Resort or Similar
After buffet breakfast at the hotel you would be driven from Munnar to Thekkady, which is also known as Periyar (110 KMS / 3.30 Hours).
Upon arrival, proceed for check-in at your hotel. Afternoon, proceed to Periyar National Park to view the wildlife by boat. (Optional)
Set in the heart of the Cardamom Hills of Kerala, the Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve offers a rare opportunity to enjoy South India’s wild life and beauty. The park has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Herds of elephant and sambar, Gaur and wild pigs wander down to the lakeside and can be observed from the launches that cruise the lake. Periyar also harbours the leopard, wild dog, barking deer and mouse deer. On the rocky outcrops along the lake, monitor lizards can be seen basking in the sun.
Return to the hotel after your boat ride. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Overnight stay at Grand Thekkady or Similar
After the breakfast, drive to kumarakom ( 160KM / 04 Hour). On Arrival Check into hotel.
A labyrinth of backwaters with shimmering water, the brilliant green of mangrove forests, coconut palms lining the embankments, blue skies, flocks of migratory birds skimming the water – that is Kumarakom, a veritable dreamland!
Every year, more than seven million tourists visit Kerala, a place that the National Geographic Magazine has described as one of the must-see places in a lifetime. Kumarakom is an important stopover for a majority of these tourists. This famous tourist backwater hub is a cluster of islands on the eastern banks of Lake Vembanad. Compared to adjacent villages, the lake has its maximum length and breadth near Kumarakom - about eight km. With the huge lake on one side and with a network of calm canals running through it, Kumarakom, a masterpiece created by man and Nature together, enjoys a unique position on the map of Kerala. Afternoon visit the famous Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary & rest of the day you can have leisure in your backwater resort.
Overnight stay at Green Feields or Similar
After the breakfast drive to Alleppey (60 KM / 02 Hour). On Arrival check in to Houseboat
Alleppey (Alappuzha) district occupies a prominent place in the tourist map of Kerala interlocked with lakes and canals. The Vembanad Lake stretching up to Kochi, the rivers Achankovil, Manimala and Pamba and a network of canals in the district are used for inland navigation. The vast stretch of paddy fields of Kuttanad, which is popularly known as the ‘rice bowl of Kerala,’ is in this district. Coir and coir products form a thriving industry in this district. The exciting and unforgettable boat cruises between Alleppey and Kollam offer intimate glimpses of backwater life and an unforgettable journey watching Coir making, boat building, toddy tapping, fish farming and the rugged village life. Overnight enjoy the flower bed & Candle Light Dinner in House Boat.
Overnight stay at IPR Houseboat
Breakfast and transfer to Cochin. Half-day sightseeing tour of Cochin. You will first proceed to Mattancherry, where you will visit the oldest Jewish Synagogue in India (Closed on Friday and Saturday) built by a thriving Jewish community in 1568 A.D. Now the community has dwindled in numbers, however the synagogue is beautifully preserved. The Dutch Palace (Closed on Friday) at Mattancherry was built in 1555 and its coronation hall and murals at Ramayana are noteworthy features. From Jewish Synagogue you will visit Chinese fishing nets. The cantilevered fishing nets line the entrance to the harbour mouth. Continue your tour to the St. Francis Church (Closed on Sunday during Mass), originally named after Santo Antonio and dedicated to him as the Patron Saint of Portugal. Five Portuguese priests who arrived with Albuquerque built St. Francis church in 1510. This church, said to be the oldest European church built in India, was the original burial site of Vasco da Gama in 1524. Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight stay at Cochin Palace or Similar
After Breakfast proceed to cherai beach (35 km) for a day trip. Evening back to cochin city and Visit local Cochin market. Overnight stay at cochin.
Overnight stay at Cochin Palace or Similar
After breakfast check out from the Hotel & transfer to Cochin International airport for your flight for onward destination.
End of Services
- Accommodation in well-appointed rooms with TWN/DBL room basis.
- Transport services as per itinerary by A/C Medium Car for Package.
- Daily Breakfast in Hotels
- All Meals in House Boat
- All taxes included
HONEYMOON ADD ONS:-
- 01 Flower Bed Decoration in Alleppey
- 01 Candle Light Dinner in Alleppey
- 01 Honeymoon Cake in Alleppey
- Train/Flight Fares.
- Guides / Entrances
- Extra Supplements from Hotels.
- Meals other than specified.
- Items of personal nature viz. telephone calls, drinks, laundry bills, etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned under “INCLUDES” header
IPR Tours: General Terms & Conditions
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals will be served as per the hotel’s standard timing
- Standard Hotel timings: Check in – 1400hrs; Check out – 1000hrs
- Early Check in & Late Check out – Subject to availability of hotel rooms
- Wi-fi in the room – Subject to hotel’s internet policy
- Hotel Category – The actual conditions of some hotels might be lower than the star category accorded to them by the Tourism department.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of check in at hotel
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar category
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in a room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Safety caution for clients – Parents may take care of their own children
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- We have a reasonable expectation that local driver/guide will know about the places very well
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- A/C will be affected during peak summer period and there may not be enough cooling inside the vehicle.
- Some vehicles may not enter hotel premises due to narrow road, market area, congested entrance etc.
- Vehicles may not enter parking points of all monuments, guests may have to walk their way into the monument.
- Some services may be affected by severe and unpredicted weather conditions.
- Park your car in parking zones only and company will not be responsible for any damages or theft.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended with/without prior notice. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Above package price is not valid for New Year, Christmas, Diwali, Long Weekends Etc.
- Some hotels do not possess liquor licence. You are not permitted to consume liquor in public in those hotels. Kindly confirm the licence status with the hotel, if required.
- Valid Govt. issued personal Photo Id card/Aadhar Card will be required at the time of guest check in at hotels
- IPR will not be responsible for the loss of your valuables during the course of this trip.
- The food and service conditions in hotels are beyond IPR controls.
IPR Tours: Special Conditions for Houseboat Tour
- Driver contact details and veg/non-veg requirement menu must be informed at least a day prior to the arrival.
- Any kid/Adult above 4 years will be charged extra.
- We may not be responsible for the late check in and the checkout time will remain same as 09:00 AM.
- In deluxe houseboat A/C will be operated during night time only and Extra Rs. 3000/- will be charged for the day time A/C requirement.
- Guests must follow the safety instructions of the on-board crew and captain has the right to anchor the boat if the climate is not in favour and any technical issues occur.
- Boarding point is Alleppey Starting point and any change on the same will be informed to the driver for smooth boarding.
- On premium houseboat A/C can be used during day time as per guests’ requirement.
- There are only fixed menu meals the houseboats and they can be slightly changed as per pre-request.
- If any technical issues like engine /generator failure, A/C complaints happen during the ride and stay, guests will be shifted to a similar vessel with their permission and no refund is applied on the same happenings.