Hogenakkal is a waterfall in South India on Kaveri River in the Dharmapuri district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located 180 km (110 mi) from Bangalore and 46 km (29 mi) from Dharmapuri. Sometimes referred to as the "Niagara Falls of India," it is known for bathing areas and hide boat rides, projecting itself as a major tourist attraction. Carbonatite rocks in this site are considered to be the oldest of its kind in South Asia and is one of the oldest in the world.
Kodaikanal is a city near to Palani in the hills of the Din Digul district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Its name in the Tamil language means "The Gift of the Forest". Kodaikanal is referred to as the "Princess of Hill stations" and has a long history as a summer retreat and popular tourist destination.
Kambam or Cumbum, is a town and Municipality in Theni district in the western part of the Madurai Region in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu
Vagamon is a tiny plantation township in Central Travancore. Vagamon has an overtone of green with a never-ending line of lush green hills, breathtaking ravines and meandering rivulets. A must visit tourist place, Vagamon is situated 1200 meters above sea level, surrounded by the greenery of tea gardens, fresh cool air, murmuring Pine forest, small waterfalls and attractive meadows. Reaching Vagamon itself is an extraordinary experience. The meandering road to Vagamon is cut in solid rock amid pine forests. And as you wind your way through green capped hills, the rolling plains come into view thousands of feet below you.
Trip at a Glance
Day 01: School - Hogenakkal
Day 02: Hogenakkal Sightseeing - Kodaikanal
Day 03: Kodaikanal Sightseeing
Day 04: Kodaikanal- Kambam Theni - Vagamon
End of Services
07:00 pm - board bus to Hogenakkal
- Reach Hogenakkal in the morning
- Check in the hotel
- After the fresh up and breakfast
- Leave for local sightseeing & Boating
- After the lunch travel to Kodaikanal
- Reach Kodaikanal and check in hotel
Overnight stay at the hotel (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Enjoy Buffet breakfast
- Proceed to visit Pine valley forest, Guna caves, pillar rocks & suicide point
- After the lunch, visit the Lake & shopping
- Evening enjoy camp fire
Overnight stay at the hotel
- After the fresh up and breakfast, check out from hotel
- Travel to Kambam Theni
- Visit Kam(Grape farm )
- After lunch, proceed to visit Parunthumpara, Mottakunnu, Pine valley forest
- Evening return to school
(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Accommodation on 4 sharing basis in hotels (non A/C rooms)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner - Day 2 to Day 4 (veg & non veg)
- All the entry fees to above mentioned Places
- Transportation on luxury non AC Vehicle with audio and video facility.
- Tour managers and local tour guide
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
Package cost Rs: 4100/ - per person (45 Students traveling together)
- Any items of personal nature like Laundry, table bills, camera fee, tips or any other item.
- Any Airfare, Train fare, Overland Journey which is not mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Any Medical/rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.
- Anything that is not included under the “Inclusions”
Note: The quoted rates might change according to the pick-up and drop-off point.
- Day 1
- Day 2
Breakfast – Puttu and kadala curry & Tea
Lunch – Meals with fish fry
Dinner – Ghee rice + chapathy with chilly chicken
- Day 3
Breakfast – Poori - Bhaji & Tea
Lunch – Veg meals
Dinner – Fried rice + Porotta with Chicken curry
- Day 4
Breakfast – Appam – kadala curry
Lunch – Normal Veg meals
Dinner – Chicken biriyani
(The food menu might change depending on availability)