Extensive Northeast- 5 State Tour (15N/16D)
Guwahati (formerly known as Gauhati) is the largest city in the Indian state of Assam and also the largest urban area in Northeast India. A major riverine port city and one of the fastest growing cities in India, Guwahati is situated on the south bank of the Brahmaputra.
Shillong is the capital city of the State as well as the District headquarter of East Khasi Hills District. Shillong is the only hill station in the country that is accessible from all sides. The name Shillong is derived from U-Shyllong, a powerful deity and is situated at an altitude of 1,491m above sea level.
Dirang is a small riverside hamlet in Western Arunachal Pradesh and is situated at an altitude of around 8910 feet above sea level. The town lies on the highway connecting Bomdila with Tawang.
Say the word Tawang and the image that is etched up is that off happy, rose-cheeked Buddhist monk babies, coloured Buddhist flags flying across high snow-capped mountains, quaint shops and hypnotic chants in the air. Tawang is located at a height of 10,000 ft above sea level, on the northwestern extremity of Arunachal Pradesh.With its name literally meaning 'the state where the sun rises', Arunachal Pradesh is one of the most beautiful places to explore in the entire North East.
Bomdila is a perfect tourist place with a bustling bazaar, many hotels, and spots to see. There are two monasteries in the town, one a recent one and one an old one probably 300-400 years old. The old monastery is right at the end of the main road, quite easy to locate. It is a small monastery with an old-world charm.
Kaziranga, the World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam & is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River.Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for conservation of biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is inhabited by the world's largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India's threatened mammals. There are numerous other major wildlife fauna.
Nagaland, veiled amidst the North Eastern Mountains is a state of mysticism and awe. The state presents nature in its fullest bloom. The Highlanders of Nagaland preserves man’s early animist culture, through its amazing ancient traditions.
Manipur, the Land of Jewels, lies in a lowland crisscrossed by the water-channels of the Loktak Lake in the North East corner of India. The diverse culture of the state is depicted in martial arts, dance & music and handloom & handicraft. The magnificent natural beauty of the state is a unique charm of the place.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
Day 1: Arrival in Guwahati
Day 2: Drive to Shillong (100 kms / 3 hrs)
Day 3: Cherrapunjee day excursion
Day 4: Mawlynnong & Dawki Day Excursion
Day 5: Shillong to Tezpur/ Bhalukpong (325 kms / 7 hrs)
Day 6: Drive to Dirang (195 kms / 6.30 hrs)
Day 7: Dirang to Tawang (130 kms / 5 hrs)
Day 8: Tawang Sightseeing
Day 9: Tawang to Bomdila (175 kms / 7 hrs)
Day 10: Bomdila to Kaziranga (320 kms / 8 hrs)
Day 11: Kaziranga Sightseeing
Day 12: Kaziranga to Kohima (260 kms / 7 hrs)
Day 13: Kohima Sightseeing
Day 14: Kohima to Imphal (160 kms / 6 hrs)
Day 15: Imphal Sightseeing
Day 16: Imphal Airport Departure
Meet & greet on arrival at Guwahati airport & transfer to Hotel. Guwahati, ‘The light of the East’ is the commercial capital of North East lying adjacent to the shores of the turbulent Brahmaputra.
For guests arriving in the morning, enroute to hotel visit the Maa Kamakhya temple and Sankardev Kalakhetra.
- Overnight in Guwahati.
Kamakhya: Situated on top of the Nilachal Hills, Maa Kamakhya Temple is the most sacred among the tantric shrines of Shakti worship in the world. Kamakhya temple is also famed for the annual Ambubachi Mela held for 4 days during the monsoon season. There are images of Lord Ganesha, Goddess Chamundi and many dance fixtures. Situated on the Nilachal Hill, the temple structure resembles a Shikhara- a beehive. Besides the main Devi temple, there are temples of 10 Mahavidyas in and around temple. These include Bhuvaneshvari, Bagalamukhi, Chinnamasta, Tripura Sundari, Tara, Kali, Bhairavi, Dhumavati, Matangi and Kamala Temples. Temple doors remain open for devotees in the following timings- 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM and 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM.
After breakfast, check out of hotel & drive to Shillong. En route, witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani - is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in midst of Sylvan Hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty.
Visit Don Bosco Museum (closed on Sunday and special occasions), Cathedral of Mary and Ward’s Lake. Evening free at leisure to explore the region on own. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping.
Overnight in Shillong.
After breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee, the wettest place on the earth, for an awesome day trip. En route visit the famous Elephant. At Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the Hills.
In Cherrapunjee be witness to the gorgeous Seven Sisters (Nohsngithiang) Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Later take a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. The limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside it. Also visit the Ramakrishna Mission. Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
Note: Most of the waterfalls are dry during winter season.
Overnight in Shillong.
After breakfast, drive to Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia (100 kms / 3 hrs drive approx). With over 80 households, the village gives the ambiance of walking in a well maintained park! Climb the 80 ft Sky Walk at Mawlynnong village for a bird’s eye view of the Village, the plantations and faraway plains of Bangladesh. You will also be acquainted to the Khasi lifestyle, their culture and economy.
A trek to the nearby Riwai Village is another interesting activity. Walk down a flight of almost 100 steps to witness nature’s wonder, living-root bridge. The bridges are tangles of massive thick roots, which the local people inter-twine to form a bridge that can hold several people at a time. The root bridges, may be up to over a hundred feet long and take ten to fifteen years to become fully functional, but they become very strong in the process. The bridges live and keep growing and strengthen over time. The useful lifespan of the bridges, is thought to be 500–600 years.
Later, drive to Dawki, a village of the Jaintia community whose prime occupation is fishing. Be mesmerized by the beauty of the Umngot River, the venue of the annual boat race held during March - April at Umsyiem. The Umngot itself is a prime fishing spot for fishermen of the villages. The river is also famous for its crystal clear water, so clear that when seen from a distance, it appears as if the boat is floating in mid-air! The Umngot River is the natural boundary between Ri Pnar or Jaintia Hills with Hima Khyrim of Khasi hills over which is a single span suspension bridge was constructed. This is the gateway to Bangladesh where major export and import transactions take place. Enjoy an amazing country boat river ride (at additional cost). Drive up to the Bangladesh border.
Later proceed to Shillong for overnight stay.
Note: It is advisable to carry packed lunch to Mawlynnong.
Overnight in Shillong.
After breakfast drive to Tezpur / Bhalukpong, a town on the Assam – Arunachal Pradesh border. Check in to hotel.
Overnight in Tezpur/ Bhalukpong.
Morning after breakfast, drive to Dirang (4910 ft). Enroute visit Tippi Orchid Centre. Arunachal, the ‘Orchid Paradise’ is famed to have the largest variety of orchids in India. The Orchidarium at Tipi shelters 500 or more varieties of orchids which are available in various parts of Arunachal Pradesh. It is a premier Institute of excellence in orchid research and development, under the State Forest Research Institute (Department of Environment and Forests, Arunachal Pradesh).
Overnight in Dirang.
Morning after breakfast, drive to Tawang (10,000 ft). En route witness the unique Dirang Valley famous for its monasteries, hot Springs, Apple & kiwi Orchards, sheep breeding farms & charming valleys. Also witness the snow-capped Sela Pass at 13700 ft, the Jaswant Garh War Memorial and Jung Falls. Overnight in Tawang.
Jaswant Garh War Memorial : Legend has it that Jaswant [Mahavir Chakra Awardee (Posthumous) of 4th Batallion Garhwal Rifles], fought a lone battle against the invading Chinese during the 1962 war. His spirit is still believed to protect the place.
Sela Pass : @13700 ft, the Sela Pass is is snow-covered (full or partial) all through the year and has breathtaking mystic views. Close to the Pass is the beautiful Sela Lake, a heart-shaped lake chiseled between the mountains, which intensifies the beauty of the region. The Lake is mostly frozen in winter. The Sela Pass is the main route to access Tawang town and is located 78 km before reaching Tawang.
Jung Falls : The Nuranang falls (original name) @6000 feet is located about 40 km before reaching Tawang is famed as one of the most stunning waterfalls in North East India. The falls height is about 100 meters. The legend about the waterfalls goes that it is named after a Monpa girl Nura who aided an Indian soldier during the 1962 Sino-Indian War.
Overnight in Tawang.
Tawang is the beautiful land of the Monpa tribes. ‘The Land of Dawn-lit Mountains’ at 3500 mts gives you unparallel purity of nature. After breakfast, visit the Tawang Monastery, Urgelling Monastery, Ani Gompa.
The Tawang Monastery, also known as the “GALDEN NAMGYEL LHATSE” is one of the largest Lamaseries of Mahayana sect in Asia and is the largest of its kind in India. The Monastery is 400 year old and is adorned with the 18 feet high statue of Lord Buddha. It stands at 10,000 feet amidst the exotic Himalayan ranges and overlooks the Tawang-Chu valley. The Urgelling Monastery is located 5 km from Tawang city, and is the birth place of the 6th Dalai Lama, born in the 17th century. The monastery was established by the Lama Urgen Sangpo in the 15th century. Later visit the War Memorial commemorating the bravery of the Indian heroes of the Indo-China war of 1962. Witness the light & sound show in the evening.
Overnight in Tawang.
Morning drive back to Bomdila. At a height of 8OOO ft., Bomdila is a small town famous for its Buddhists monasteries, magnificent valleys and Himalayan landscapes. Evening free at leisure.
Overnight in Bomdila.
After Breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in hotel. Evening free. Overnight at Kaziranga.
Overnight in Kaziranga.
Early morning, go for Elephant ride @5-30 A.M/6: 30 A.M. (Subject to operation and allotment from forest department). Return for Breakfast to hotel. After breakfast proceed for Jeep safari in the Central Range. With Kohora as the entry point, the Central Range covers the Daphlang and Kathpora . Later enjoy Local Village & Tea Garden (Outer View) tour. Overnight at Kaziranga.
Overnight in Kaziranga.
After breakfast, transfer to Kohima, the capital of Nagaland. Visit the War Cemetery. Evening visit the local bazaar where you can be introduced to the Naga food items consisting of vegetables, insects and fishes.
Overnight in Kohima.
After breakfast drive to the green village, Khonoma (20 km/ 1 hr). Take a village walk and visit the Morungs (the age group house), the ceremonial gates and meet the local craftsmen. Collectively Khonoma was known for its fighting prowess in the past and for the fallow management of its alder trees which balance the nature and its surrounding areas.
Later back to Kohima. Visit the Church and the Heritage Complex where the Hornbill festival is celebrated every year. Overnight in Kohima.
The Catholic Cathedral at Aradura Hill in Kohima, is one of the biggest cathedrals in North-east India. Its splendid architecture makes it one of the important landmarks of Kohima. The unique design created by blending the traditional with the orthodox developed into an architectural marvel. A must-visit place in Kohima.
Overnight in Kohima.
Morning after breakfast, drive to Imphal, the capital of Manipur. Visit Shri Govindajee Temple and Kangla Fort. Evening free at leisure to visit the Khwairamband Bazaar (a local market run by mothers).
Overnight in Imphal.
Morning after breakfast, drive to Moirang (45 km / 1 hr), the ancient capital of the Manipuri Kings. It is also the centre of Meithei culture. Cross by the local villages as you visit the Japanese war memorial, which reflects the history of the Second World War.
Visit the Keibul Lamjao National Park (the only floating park in the world). It is the last natural habitat of the marsh dwelling brow-antlered deer locally called ‘Sangai’. Near-by is the Loktak Lake and Sendra Island (a hillock Island with mesmerizing views of the Loktak lake). Loktak Lake is the largest fresh water lake in the North East. Watch the unique floating islands ‘Phumdi’ that are actually floating weeds on which people live! Return to Imphal.
Overnight in Imphal.
After breakfast transfer to Imphal airport for onward journey.
- 15 Night accommodation as per the itinerary
- DBL room on twin sharing
- For Extra pax, Extra bed / mattress will be provided
- Cost based on BASE category rooms
- Non AC rooms in Hill-stations / Eco resorts
- Meal Plan – CPAI / MAPAI / APAI as per selection
- As mentioned above as per Hotel fixed menu with local flavour
- For special cuisine / variety in menu, kindly inform us
- All transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary by selected vehicle
- Overhead carrier in not allowed as per Supreme Court order
- All vehicles on point-to-point basis only
- Vehicle will not be on disposal & will be available as per itinerary
- AC will not operate in Hills
- Assistance at Airport/ Railway Station
- Inner Line Permit for entry to Arunachal Pradesh & Nagaland
- One Round Jeep Safari in Kaziranga National Park
- One Round Elephant Safari in Kaziranga National Park
- Local tour guide for Nagaland and Manipur
- 01 Bottle mineral water per person per day
- All toll taxes, parking fee, fuel surcharges, driver bata included
- Airfare/Train Ticket
- Bumla Pass (China Border) NOT included in tour cost
- Visa / Travel Insurance charges.
- Camera fee at monument.
- Local Guide/Entrance Fees
- Monument charges
- Any other services which are not mentioned in the tour cost inclusions.
- Any meals / en-route meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary.
- Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festive period.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified in the inclusions.
- Any increase in fuel cost, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
Guests with adventurous mind should travel to Arunachal Pradesh.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR ARUNACHAL PRADESH
- Arunachal Pradesh is a very remote place, so all hotels in this region are basic to very basic.
- Road conditions from Bhalukpong to Tawang are not good.
- Room heaters may not work in Arunachal Pradesh due to voltage fluctuations.
- In this region there is no relevance between the distance and time travelling as it depends upon the conditions of roads and congestion of traffic.
- Mobile services may not be active in all destinations. Pre-paid roaming and International roaming connection does not work in this region. We suggest carrying BSNL (GSM) connections.
- Credit Cards / Traveller’s cheque are not freely accepted.
Inner Line Permit for entry to Arunachal Pradesh
To visit Arunachal Pradesh, Indian national requires Inner Line Permits. Permits are issued in Guwahati which takes 2-3 working days. (ILP office remains closed on Saturday-Sunday)
Documents required for every traveler:
- 2 passport size photographs of each person
- 1 Valid Photo ID proof (Adhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Valid Passport)
- Pan Card is not accepted as ID proof by the authorities
- 1 Valid Address proof
From Tawang a day visit to China Border is possible for Indian Nationals only but it is subject to permission. It can be arranged at additional cost. The rate for the trip keeps varying and we will intimate to you during the your travel time
- Local vehicle will have to be hired to visit China Border and per vehicle cost will range from INR 6,000/- - INR 6,500/-
- The process of procuring permit to visit China border requires at least one of the guest members to visit the DC’s office the previous day for certain formalities.
- Permission is on the discretion of the officials.
- Sometimes there may be last moment cancellation even after getting permission as the region is a high security zone.
- DC’s office remains closed on Saturday & Sunday.
- En route to Tawang, there is Sela Pass at 13,700 ft. The area has low oxygen and may cause High altitude sickness, nausea, shortness of breath etc.
- If guests have health problems like blood pressure, asthma, & heart related issue etc. kindly advise them to consult their doctors
- Kindly carry appropriate medicines as they will not be available easily
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals will be served as per the hotel’s standard timing
- Standard Hotel timings: Check in – 1400hrs; Check out – 1000hrs
- Early Check in & Late Checkout – Subject to availability of hotel rooms
- Wi-fi in the room – Subject to hotel’s internet policy
- Hotel Category – The actual conditions of some hotels might be lower than the star category accorded to them by the Tourism department.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of check in at hotel
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar category
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in a room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Safety caution for clients – Parents may take care of their own children
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- We have a reasonable expectation that local driver/guide will know about the places very well
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- A/C will be affected during peak summer period and there may not be enough cooling inside the vehicle.
- Some vehicles may not enter hotel premises due to narrow road, market area, congested entrance etc.
- Vehicles may not enter parking points of all monuments, guests may have to walk their way into the monument.
- Some services may be affected by severe and unpredicted weather conditions.
- Park your car in parking zones only and company will not be responsible for any damages or theft.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended with/without prior notice. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Above package price is not valid for New Year, Christmas, Diwali, Long Weekends Etc.
- Some hotels do not possess liquor licence. You are not permitted to consume liquor in public in those hotels. Kindly confirm the licence status with the hotel, if required.
- Valid Govt. issued personal Photo Id card/Aadhar Card will be required at the time of guest check in at hotels
- IPR will not be responsible for the loss of your valuables during the course of this trip.
- The food and service conditions in hotels are beyond IPR controls.
IPR Tours: Special Conditions for Hill Stations
- In some tourist places outside vehicles are not allowed. Hence local vehicles and drivers from the Union Taxi services will be provided (Example: Shimla/Manali etc).
- A/C will not be operating in hilly areas as it may affect the vehicle performance.
- A/C Mini/Large Coach may not go through the narrow lanes and roads in hill stations
- If the booking is cancelled 45 days prior to tour start date then full refund (Communication charges @ INR 2,000 per person will be payable)
- If the booking is cancelled within 44 days – 30 days, 25% of the amount will be deducted
- If the booking is cancelled within 29 days – 15 days, 50% of the amount will be deducted
- If the booking is cancelled within 14 days, then no refund will be entertained