Endearing Northeast - 7N/8D
Shillong is the capital city of the State as well as the District headquarter of East Khasi Hills District. Shillong is the only hill station in the country that is accessible from all sides. The name Shillong is derived from U-Shyllong, a powerful deity and is situated at an altitude of 1,491m above sea level. This beautiful city is 103kms. From Guwahati, the nearest air and train link. The presence of many well reputed educational institutions, many of them established by various missionary groups make Shillong the hub of education for the entire north-east.
Cherrapunjee, also known as Sohra, is a high-altitude town in the northeast Indian state of Meghalaya. It's known for its living root bridges, made from rubber trees. To the northeast, Mawkdok Dympep Valley View Point overlooks verdant gorges. In the surrounding hills, the Noh-Kalikai, Dain-Thlen and Kynrem waterfalls plunge from forested clifftops. South of town, Mawsmai Cave is illuminated to show its stalagmites.
Kaziranga, the World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam & is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for conservation of biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals. There are numerous other major wildlife fauna.
Nameri National Park (200 sq.km) is located in Sonitpur District at the foothills of eastern Himalayas with the the river Jia Bhoroli flowing through it. The park is the second Tiger reserve of Assam. Many rare animals inhabit the park and there are more than 376 species of birds seen here.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
Day 1: Arrival Guwahati Airport– Proceed to Shillong
Day 2: Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong
Day 3: Shillong – Kaziranga
Day 4: Kaziranga
Day 5: Kaziranga – Nameri
Day 6: Nameri
Day 7: Nameri – Guwahati
Day 8: Return from Guwahati
Welcome on arrival in Guwahati Airport/Railway Station and drive to Shillong. En route witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani - the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in amidst of Sylvan Hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty.
If time permits visit Cathedral of Mary and Ward’s Lake. Evening free at leisure to explore the region on own. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping.
Overnight at Hotel.
After breakfast, drive to Cherrapunjee, the wettest place on the earth, for an awesome day trip. En route visit the famous Elephant Falls. At Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the Hills. After reaching Cherrapunjee, be witness to the gorgeous Seven Sisters (Nohsngithiang) Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Later, take a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. The limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside it. Also visit the Ramakrishna Mission.
Overnight at hotel in Shillong.
Note: Most of the waterfalls are dry during winter season.
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in at hotel.
Overnight at Hotel.
Early morning go for Elephant ride @5-30 A.M/6: 30 A.M. (Subject to availability and allotment from forest department). Return for Breakfast to hotel. After breakfast proceed for Jeep safari in the Central Range. With Kohora as the entry point, the Central Range covers the Daphlang and Kathpora. Later enjoy Local Village & Tea Garden (Outer View) tour.
Overnight at Hotel.
After Breakfast, drive to Tezpur’s Koliabhomora Ghat of Brahmaputra river. Board on a local made country boat to spend a thrilling hour watching the fresh water dolphins and many migratory birds. These belong to the endangered species, Platanista gangetica or Xihu in Assamese. The boat ride will also give you the opportunity to view the Assamese villages, their fishing activities and the mesmerizing country side.
Overnight at an Eco Camp in Nameri.
Morning at 5:30 am, take a walk through the Nameri National Park (3 km). It is one of the very few National Parks where you can trek in the park. The trek begins as you embark on a boat to cross the breadth of the Jia Bhoroli River. Walk through the river bed and into the National Park, the closest you can get to nature!
Return to Resort for breakfast. Day free for leisure activities like rafting. Rafting (mild rapids) forms a day long adventure in a raft as you cruise along the waters of Jia Bhoroli River. The 2.5 hrs rafting will acquaint you with numerous birds. Later disembark at bank.
After Breakfast, check out and drive to Guwahati. Check in at Hotel. Later visit Kamakhya Temple. Evening enjoy a River cruise over the river Brahmaputra (cruise charges additional).
Overnight at Hotel.
After Breakfast drive to Guwahati Airport / Railway Station.
Overnight at Hotel.
*** Tour ends with sweet memories ***
- 7 Night’s accommodation on sharing basis
- DBL room on twin sharing
- For Extra pax, Extra bed / mattress will be provided
- Cost based on BASE category rooms
- Non AC rooms in Hill-stations / Eco resorts
- Meal Plan – CPAI / MAPAI / APAI as per selection
- As mentioned above as per Hotel fixed menu with local flavour
- For special cuisine / variety in menu, kindly inform us
- All transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary by selected vehicle
- Overhead carrier in not allowed as per Supreme Court order
- All vehicles on point-to-point basis only
- Vehicle will not be on disposal & will be available as per itinerary
- AC will not operate in Hills
- One Round Jeep Safari in Kaziranga National Park
- One Round Elephant Safari in Kaziranga National Park
- One time rafting in Jia Bhoroli river in Nameri
- Country boat ride for Dolphin sighting in Brahmaptra river
- 01 Bottle mineral water per person per day
- Pickup & Drop to Guwahati Airport / Railway Station
- Assistance at Airport / Railway Station
- Vehicle service is point to point basis
- Above package rates are valid for Indian Nationality
- All toll taxes, parking fee, fuel surcharges, driver bata includes
- Includes GST on the above package cost
- Flight / Train Fares
- Guide charges
- Entrance Fees at monuments / museums/ temples etc.
- Many hotels charge for Room heaters which is payable directly at the hotel
- Personal expenses like Travel Insurance, bottled water, laundry, phone calls, camera charges, room heaters etc.
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Cost for optional tours, Up–Gradation Charges
- Cost for extra usage of vehicle, other than scheduled & mentioned in the itinerary.
- Adventure activities like ropeway, rafting, boating etc. are NOT included in the package cost
- Items not mentioned in “cost includes” segment
Documents required during the Tour:
- Please carry valid photo Id proof (Original Voters card / Original Driving License)
PAN CARD IS NOT ACCEPTED IN MANY HOTELS
Booking Confirmation has to be sent to us by E-mail
Kindly send us the below details to book a tour:
- 1.Guest Name
- 2.Final confirmed guests
- 3.Travel Date
- 4. Arrival / Departure details
Terms & Conditions:
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals will be served as per the hotel’s standard timing
- Standard Hotel timings: Check in – 1200hrs; Check out – 1100hrs
- Early Check in & Late Checkout – Subject to availability of hotel rooms
- Wi-fi in the room – Subject to hotel’s internet policy
- Hotel Category – The actual conditions of some hotels might be lower than the star category accorded to them by the Tourism department.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of check in at hotel
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar category
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in a room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Safety caution for clients – Parents may take care of their own children
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- We have a reasonable expectation that local driver/guide will know about the places very well
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- A/C will be affected during high summer period and they will not get enough cooling inside the vehicle.
- A/C will not be operating in hilly areas as it may affect the vehicle performance.
- A/c Mini/Large Coach may not go through the narrow lanes and roads in hill stations
- Some vehicles may not enter hotel premises due to narrow road, market area, congested entrance etc.
- Vehicles may not enter parking points of all monuments, guests may have to walk their way into the monument.
- Some services may be affected by severe and unpredicted weather conditions
- Park your car in parking zones only and company will not be responsible for any damages.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended with/without prior notice. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Above package price is not valid for New Year, Christmas, Diwali, Long Weekends Etc.
- Some hotels do not possess liquor licence. You are not permitted to consume liquor in public in those hotels. Kindly confirm the licence status with the hotel, if required.
- Valid Govt. issued personal Photo Id card/Aadhar Card will be required at the time of guest check in at hotels
- IPR will not be responsible for the loss of your valuables during this trip.
- The food and service conditions in hotels are beyond IPR controls.
Vehicle operation & usage guide:
1. Vehicle Segment:
- Carriers in vehicles are not allowed in the region.
- No AC will be available in vehicles in Hill regions
- Sumo is provided in budget/ standard car segment (4 - 6 pax)
- Innova / Xylo are similar category
- Swift D'zire / Etios/ Amaze are similar category in small car segment (2-3 pax)
2. Vehicle will NOT be on disposal
- The vehicle used will be exclusive for that group but will not be at disposal.
- Vehicle will be available as per your itinerary. Kindly follow the time strictly
- Sightseeing points covered will depend on remaining time in hand
- Full day sightseeing will be till maximum 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm as per given itinerary. For additional usage, per km / per hour will be charged as per usage.
3. Hotels located in Hills - in busy areas / City Centers / No Entry / One Way zones
- Most of the hotels do not have parking place & vehicle cannot be parked in front of the gates for longer period hence gusts should wait at the reception 5 minute before
the departure to avoid the inconveniences.
- Due to shortage in space for parking, please be informed that you will have to be ready on time & wait in the lobby.
- Due to uncalculated situations (traffic jams / traffic halts/ diversions etc.) the vehicle reporting may get delayed. We will request you to bear with us and as soon as vehicle arrives you will have to get in, before the policeman blow his whistle.
- Due to vehicle-parking difficulty, most of the areas are restricted to entry of vehicle & specific time is allotted for entries. Kindly follow the time strictly as given to you.
- In No Parking Zones, the vehicle will get parked in an available parking area. In such a case, you will have to wait for the vehicle to come to your designated area. Please be patient as the driver will have to come through traffic. Please coordinate with the driver.
4. Transfers to next destination
- Night travel is not possible, so if you have a transfer to another destination in second half, please maintain time of your morning sightseeing
- If one destination is covered twice or additional destinations are included, additional charges will be applicable on per km / per hour basis.
- During Rainy season, heavy showers are possible and many times tarpaulin may not cover all the luggage because of the nature of heavy showers. In such case, luggage will have to be loaded inside the vehicle. The guests will have to adjust to such situations.
5. General Terms
- The tour guide reserves the rights to make changes or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band, security reason etc.
- Kindly inform us if the guests are senior citizens or have health related issues (like arthritis, heart problems etc.) or any such matter which might need special arrangements. Some itineraries will not be suitable for them and we will suggest accordingly.
- The security concerns, driver's working hours etc. will be kept in mind while planning the tour and sightseeing.
- We try to ensure that the sightseeing points do not fall on a closing day. Incase due to inevitable situation if the sightseeing falls on a closing day, it will have to be left out. Conducting that particular tour or sightseeing point the next day will be subject to time availability.
- Weather in the region is unpredictable. We have kept your sightseeing related with nature flexible.
- The region's prime tourist interest in its Nature and eco-friendly atmosphere. The facilities available here cannot be matched with other developed destinations.
Once the package is booked & confirmed no refund will be allowed. There will be no refund of any unutilized service in part or in full what so ever may be the reason.
- If the booking cancels before 45 days than full refund will be back (Except GST + Service charges of Rs 2,000/- Per Person will be applicable)
- If the booking cancels within 45 days – 30 days than 25% amount will be deducted
- If the booking cancels within 30 days – 15 days than 50% amount will be deducted
- If the booking cancels within 15 days, then non-refundable